Sunday 23 February 2014

Golden oldie.

No, not me.
My 400D with 70-300mm 4.5-5.6 Sigma lens.
The 400D was my first excursion into digital photography and the lens my first "wildlife" lens. Both getting on but still giving pleasing images. The camera feels old and "clunky" compared to my two recent purchases but i'm happy to stick it in my backpack when i'm out for a walk with a bit of birding thrown in. The lens fits nicely in there also. Compared to my 300mm f4 it's small and dainty.
A nice image of Lesser Redpoll follows captured at East Chevington last Sunday.

I caught up with the Glossy Ibis late this morning in extremely blustery conditions on Beaconsfield, Tynemouth. I have to admit to "twitching" the bird as I only left the house for an hour or so with the sole intent to catch up with it close to where I class as home in Cullercoats, where my missus and children were born and brought up. It would be nice if it popped up to the Rising Sun for a couple of hours before it departs.

No comments:

Post a Comment