Monday 27 January 2020

East Chev Stoat.

Nothing much about on the bird front on Saturday morning on a visit to East Chevington. The thing is you never know when or if you will see anything, that's my fascination with getting out and about in Northumberland. Literally minutes from leaving and on my way back to the car this Stoat appeared out of the reeds and onto the edge of the main track that runs between Druridge C.P. and Druridge pools and along the eastern edge of the north pool at Chev. It sat and looked at me for a moment but disappeared the moment i moved slightly to get a decent shot with the camera that i had slid gently from my side. I didn't move and seconds later it reappeared before darting across the path, stopping to take a look then it proceeded to run directly towards me before quickly turning and disappearing again. Wonderful.

Smarter than any Meerkat



4 comments:

  1. Always good to see an old blogger blogging again John. :-) That particular path is very good for Stoat sightings me thinks. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brian. Hope you are keeping well. As is obvious i don't blog very often these days i'm on Twitter every day & post on Facebook but less often. What i like about Twitter is the almost immediate interaction but obviously you're limited to how many words you can use. Many of the old bloggers do tweet. I've always had a good number of Stoat & the odd Weasel sighting between Druridge Pools & E Chevington but usually fleeting glances but always wonderful seeing them. Good to hear from you & nice to know at least one person reads my occasional ramblings. LOLOL

      Delete