Monday 24 June 2019

A1068 Barnie

The A1068 being the busy road between Widdrington Village and Amble. It was just before 5 a.m. on Sunday morning so the road was quiet. I was heading north along the road wanting to turn off for the side road that would take me down to Hadson Carrs then back towards East Chevington. The Barn Owl caught my eye just before the junction so I had to turn back and park on the grass verge, something I wouldn't consider later in the day or during the week. Lovely sitting watching it as it surveyed the wide grass verge but a gut in a van pulled alongside and asked if everything was alright, probably thinking I might have broken down. "I'm fine thanks" I replied as I pretended to be on my phone. Unfortunately as the van pulled away it spooked the owl which disappeared off down the road. I was going to have to go back the way I had come and turn to get back on track. I drove about 100 metres then spotted at gateway on my right and decided to turn there. As I was about to pull out something caught my eye on the other side of the road.
First image was taken with my 35mm lens. The other three with the 300 mm and are cropped. Bird sat for 15 minutes quite happily flying off twice but returning. Cars make wonderful hides !






2 comments:

  1. Very Nice. Enjoyed the catch up at Stobswood this morning. David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dave. Always enjoy bumping into you. I had the / an Avocet flying over the road just after I passed you at W Stobswood. E Chev gave me a L Gull & an Otter BUT no Bearded Reedlings !!!!!! Thanks for showing me the area at Stobswood….. as Arnie said "I'll be back"

      Delete